March 2, 2010

an honest photograph


This is a photograph a fellow photographer named Laurie Reese took of me for a lighting assignment
This image is taken at no extreme playful or dramatic angles. my gesture is of nothing in particular, there is no effort in this photo of me trying to impress you the viewer in anyway.
this is to me is just an honest expression of light playing with the texture and hues of my skin.
the root words of photograph are photo meaning light and graph meaning drawing or light drawing
to me this is a great study of light and its relationship to my surface similar to paint and its relationship to a canvas.

thanks laurie!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice....:-)

    - your friend from Metra

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks! and thanks again for the help i ended up getting my phone back

    ReplyDelete